Contact Kober today and find out about our quality products and expert advice.
Prime lamb operation in Northern Victoria.
Case Study One.
1200 first cross lambs on a 170 acre irrigated grazing wheat crop. Lambs were purchased with the sole intention of utilizing the grazing wheat for quick weights gains.
- Lambs were purchased at an average weight of 15kg and were sold after 28 days at average weight 22kg.
- Cost of Anipro was 4c/hd/day.
- Average daily weight gain 250grams/hd/day.
Barley grass reduction program.
Case Study Two.
Barley grass reduction program on large scale dairy farm in Northern Victoria.
- 80% barley grass reduction within 2 years.
- Immediate increase in forage quality, water and nutrient efficiency and expected increase in long term yield.
Improvement of existing pasture growth.
Case Study Three.
Improve existing pasture growth on flood irrigation on 280 cow dairy.
- Identified limiting factors and implemented quick & easy methods to fix with no extra inputs required.
- Closely monitored and changed irrigation scheduling using available tools.
- Immediate yield increase observed and some long term weed problems also reduced as an added bonus.
Ground water management.
Case Study Four.
Implement a ground water management plan on large scale cropping enterprise in Northern Victoria to reduce long term damage
- A clear plan laid out for monitoring and the correct procedures put in place to help remediate soil resulted in confidence moving forward to continue to use ground water in a sustainable manner.
Supplementation program and herd health.
Case Study Five.
300 head Euro cross cattle operation grazing failed crop and 2 year old low quality hay. Develop a supplementation program to increase dry matter intake and address herd health issues before commencing feedlot ration.
- Average 1-1.5kg/hd/day weight gain at 45c/hd/day, increased hoof health, improved rumen health and much smoother transition to feedlot ration equates to shorter time in feedlot.